Lately, early mornings are the only time of day in which I can get a couple of quiet hours to work before motherhood kicks in. So on this particular morning, I quietly tiptoed my way out of the house before getting caught. My plan was almost foiled as my 2-year-old, who has been co-sleeping with us lately, heard me get up. Luckily my husband convinced him to stay in bed – hopefully long enough to have the sun rise (I didn’t stick around long enough to find out!).
Deepak Chopra is someone that I look to for more understanding of living a balanced life. He has a lot of the answers to questions that I have about feeling inspired, creative, motivated, healthy, and balanced. On his website, he shares 7 tips for mind-body balance:
1. Take time each day to quiet your mind and meditate
2. Each day eat a healthy diet that includes a variety of fruits and vegetables
3. Move your body: engage in daily exercise
4. Take time for restful sleep
5. Release emotional toxins
6. Cultivate loving relationships
7. Enjoy a good belly laugh at least once a day
My hope is that by striving to live a more balanced life, it helps balance out any allergy or non-allergy related health issues.